Aadhaar card is the most important identification proof, issued by the Indian Government to the Indian citizens. This 12-digit Unique Identification number is also embedded with the individual’s biometric information like fingerprint scan and IRIS scans. Including registration, the Indian government has also requested the citizens, to link their Aadhaar number with all the other important proofs like Driving license, Voter ID, Bank accounts, etc. Indian Government has also made it possible for the Indian citizens, to download their Aadhaar card through online mode. However, some people find it difficult to download their Aadhaar card through online mode or they are ‘Unable to Download their Aadhaar card through online’.
In this article, we are going to discuss the reasons why individuals are not able to download their Aadhaar card through online mode. Below is the set of reasons, due to which the online download of Aadhaar card is restricted.
Reasons for not Able to Download Your Aadhaar Card Through Online:
Individuals will be allowed to download their Aadhaar card through online mode when their Aadhaar number has been generated. When you register for your Aadhaar card, you will receive the same within 1 to 3 months, from the date of registration to the address mentioned by you during the time of registration. In order to check if your Aadhaar number has been generated, you can follow the below procedure.
- After registration, you can check the Aadhaar card status through online, with the help of the Aadhaar enrolment number, issued at the time of registration.
- Visit the UIDAI official page in order to track the Aadhaar card, by clicking the below link: https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status
- On this page, you have to enter the Enrolment ID and Date and time of registration, present in the receipt.
- Enter the security code in the space provided and click on ‘Check Status’ button.
- If your Aadhaar number has been generated, you will be notified on the next page and you will be allowed to download the digital form of your Aadhaar card from the official UIDAI website.
- Or else, you will receive a message stating that your Aadhaar card is still under processing. When you get this message, your Aadhaar card download will not be ready yet and you have to check after few days.
The Reasons for not able to Download are as Follows:
- Even though you receive a message stating that your Aadhaar number has been generated, you will not be allowed to download the Aadhaar card. In this case, you will receive a message stating ‘Your Aadhaar number is generated, however, it is not available for direct download. Please check after 14 days’. In this case, you can check if your Aadhaar card is available for download after 1 to 3 weeks.
- Another possible reason for not able to download your Aadhaar card can be not receiving OTP in the registered mobile number, due to delay in the server response. When you face this issue, you can try downloading ‘mAadhaar app’ and can use the Time-Based OTP (TOTP), in the app.
- However, if you are not able to download Aadhaar card, even after waiting for a few weeks and trying through the mAadhaar app, then you have to visit your nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra and find out what the issue might be.
Above are the possible reasons for facing issue with Aadhaar card online download.