Aadhaar Card is becoming one of the most important government identification proof and government is keen in attaching our other identification proofs like PAN card, Driving License, Bank account, etc. with Aadhaar card. Recently, Union Law minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, stated that soon government will be linking Driving License with Aadhaar card. This process will be implemented soon and it will be made mandatory. However, the process may vary from state to state.
Steps to Link Aadhaar Card with Driving License:
- The Aadhar number link is made available in the Road Transport Department websites, for all the states.
- Click the official website link and wait for this to load.
- After the page is displayed, select the option, ‘Aadhaar Number Entry’.
- In search box, enter ‘Registration Number or License’, as the search element.
- Enter your registration or License number, which has been selected by you
- Click on ‘Get Details’ icon and wait for it to display your vehicle details
- In this page, Aadhaar number and mobile number columns will be provided.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number and your valid mobile number.
- After entering, click on the submit button and you will receive a message in your registered mobile number.
- The process of linking your Driving license with your Aadhaar card, has been initiated and you will receive the reference number for the same.
- Approximately in 7 working days, this process will be completed and you will receive another message after completion.
By following the above steps, you will be able to link your driving license with your Aadhaar card. Please note that, for each and every state the official website link changes and there may be slight changes in the procedure as well.