Aadhaar Card is a 12 digit number, issued by ‘Unique Identification Authority of India’, to all the residents of India. This card is issued only after a series of verification process that are done by the Authority. The individuals are required to submit, list of documents like address proof, age proof, etc. in order to receive the Aadhar card. During the time of registration, our picture is captured and also our fingerprint will be scanned for avoiding any duplication.
The registration of Aadhar card is done free of cost and you can receive the Aadhaar card via the Indian post, within 2 to 3 weeks from the date of registration. However, few people face a problem with the delivery of Aadhar card. In some cases, there is a delay in delivery, in a few more cases, the Aadhaar card has been delivered to the wrong address and in some more cases the aadhar card is not received by the recipient.
In order to rectify this problem, we can track our aadhaar card delivery status online. This can be done with the help of the enrolment number found in the acknowledgement slip given to us during the time of registration. With this online tracking facility, we are able to track the status of our card in real time and we will be able to get information on delivery status.
In this article, we have given a detailed description on how to track your aadhaar card, if not delivered to your address in the mentioned time frame.
Steps to Track the Aadhaar card, if not delivered:
You can check your Aadhaar card status in the official website, ‘https://uidai.gov.in/’.
Click on the above link. You will be redirected to the official government website on details regarding Aadhaar card
In the above page, you will find Aadhaar Online services and a subdivision named Aadhaar Enrolment. Below this you will find ‘Check Aadhaar Status’. We have highlighted that in red.
When you click on the above link, you will be redirected to the below page
- Step 4: Provide your enrolment id and the date and time during which you have registered for the Aadhaar card. These details will be present in your acknowledgement slip, provided by the authority. After providing the details and entering the security code mentioned, please click on ‘Check Status’.
- Step 5: After providing the details, you will receive information on Aadhaar card dispatch. In the same page, you will find a link for tracking the delivery of your Aadhaar card. With the help of this link you will be able to find the tracking ID of the Indian Post, through which your Aadhaar card will be delivered.
- Step 6: After finding the tracking ID of the Indian post, navigate to their web page and track the status of your post, with the help of the tracking number you found from UIDAI portal.
- Step 7: In this website, the delivery status like In transit, delivery date, etc. will be displayed.
- Step 8: If the delivery status is updated as ‘Delivered’ and you haven’t received your Aadhar card, you can file a complaint in the Indian Postal Services website or else you can call their toll free number 1947, in order to know the details regarding the delivery or to raise a complaint.
We believe this article will be helpful to you. After registering you can follow the above steps in order to know details regarding your Adhaar card.