Recently, Aadhaar card is gaining so much importance that Indian Government is requesting all its citizens to link this 12-digit Unique Identification Number with all their other identification documents, Bank Accounts, Insurance policies, Mutual Funds, etc. A step ahead, now online store, Amazon.in, has requested its customers to link their Aadhaar card with their products, which have been lost or damaged. So from now on, if you are going to make a claim for a damaged or a lost product from Amazon.in, make sure you have uploaded your Aadhaar card copy, on the Amazon page.
If you failed to link your aadhaar card, then your request for availing the refund will be delayed or closed without any further notifications. This step has been taken by the Amazon, in order to avoid fake claims by the customers. They believe that, if the customers link their Aadhaar card with Amazon, then the rate of fake claims can be reduced, since the identity of the customers will be known clearly, with the help of the Aadhaar card.
If a customer is not comfortable with disclosing their Aadhaar card details, then he or she may provide any other Government Identification proofs like Passport, PAN card, etc. to prove his identity. However, without any of the identification proofs your claim for your damaged or lost package, will not be processed by the Amazon. Including this, if a customer is placing an order for a friend as a gift, then he or she has to provide the Aadhaar details of the recipients, for identification purpose.
Below we are providing the procedure for linking your Aadhaar card or any other identification proof with your Amazon Account.
Step by Step Procedure for linking Aadhaar card with Amazon Account:
- In order to link your Aadhaar card or any other Government identification card with the Amazon account, you have to log in to your Amazon Account.
- Click on the below link and you will be redirected to the Amazon Login page: Amazon Login Page
- Once you enter your E-mail ID, you have to click on ‘Continue’ button and you will be redirected to the Password page.
- Enter the password in this page and click on ‘Login’. If you do not remember your password you can also click on ‘Login with OTP’ option and a OTP will be sent to your registered E-mail ID.
- Once you enter the OTP, you can click on ‘Continue’ to login to your Home page in Amazon.
- Click on the ‘Accounts and List’ option in this page and you will find an option ‘Your Account’.
- Click on that option and you will be redirected to your Amazon Account Page.
- In this page, below the option ‘Ordering and Shopping Preference’, you will find an option ‘Photo ID proofs’. Click on that option.
- In this page, select the ‘Add Photo ID proof’ option and select the ID card you wish to add as your identification card.
- Enter the Name as per the identification card and upload the Front and Back page of the identification card.
- ‘Save’ the identification card copy and future orders will be linked to your identification card.