Aadhaar card is a Unique 12-digit identification number that has been issued by the Indian Government to its citizens. In addition to this, they have also requested the citizens to link their Aadhaar card with other important identification proofs like Driving license, Bank account, Ration card, etc. However, there are chances that your Aadhaar card may be suspended and you will not be able to use the same, due to some reasons.
Few Reasons are Stated Below:
- Suspension of Aadhaar card due to biometric test failure
- Biometric information captured for an individual, by using Biometric exemption, which is used to capture information of disabled people.
- Wrong capture of biometric information
When there is any human error while capturing, you will be receiving a message in your registered mobile number stating that ‘Your Aadhaar card has been suspended’. If you receive a message like this, then you have to follow the below steps, in order to activate your Aadhaar card.
Step by Step Procedure for Updating the Suspended Aadhaar Card:
- You have to find your nearest Aadhaar enrolment center, by providing the Pin code.
- Download the Correction or Aadhaar update form from online by clicking the below link:https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV2.pdf
- Or else, you can also get this for from the Aadhaar enrolment center, for free of cost.
- Fill in all the necessary information in the form and attach the supporting documents like Proof of identification and proof of address.
- You have to visit the Aadhaar enrolment center and submit the form to the operator in the center.
- He or she will check the information you have provided and check for the authenticity of the documents.
- Once the details have been verified, the operator will update your information in the system and will ask for your biometric information like IRIS Scan and fingerprint scan.
- When you provide the same, your request will be accepted and they will provide you with an Update receipt.
- Your information will be updated within 3 months time period and you will be able to use your Aadhaar card once again.
This is the process for activating your Aadhaar card if it has been suspended for any reason.