PAN Card is a government identification proof, which is being issued to individuals, so that they can submit the tax returns and keep track of their financial records. PAN card is the acronym of Permanent Account Number, which has 10 digit alphanumeric number. This card is linked with all the banking services of the particular individual. We can apply for this PAN card through two modes, Online and offline.
While applying for PAN card through online mode, you will be provided with a reference number. You can track the status of your PAN card, with the help of this number. In this article, we are going to explain in detail the step by step procedure for checking the status of your PAN card online.
Step by Step Procedure for Checking your PAN Card Status:
There are two providers of PAN card. They are NSDL and UTI. Any applicant who is registering for PAN card, can do with any one of the providers. We can check our PAN card status online, when we register with both the service provider. Below we are providing the steps for checking your status.
- Check NSDL PAN Card Status:
- Open the official NSDL website, by clicking the below link.
- Fill in the details in this page such as Application Type, Acknowledgement number, Name and Date of Birth.
- After entering the mandatory details, click on the ‘Submit’ button, at the bottom of the page.
- Once you submit, your PAN card status and your PAN card number will be displayed in the page.
- Check UTI PAN Card Status:
The steps for checking UTI PAN status is similar to that of the NSDL PAN checking status.
The Steps are as Follows:
- Open the official UTI PAN Tracking page, by clicking the below link. http://www.trackpan.utiitsl.com/PANONLINE/
- In this page, provide the Application Coupon Number or your PAN number.
- After this, you have to mention the verification code in the box given.
- Once you provide the details, you have to click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- When you ‘Submit’, your PAN card status will be displayed, in this page.
NSDL/UTI Customer Care Number:
- If you face any difficulties, while checking for the PAN card status online, you can also call the customer care number for both NSDL or UTI PAN card providers or mail them.
- Phone: 020-27218080/25658300
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 020-67931300
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org