An Aadhaar Card is a 12-digit Unique Identification number, that has been issued by the UIDAI, to all the Indian Citizens. In addition to this, they have also requested the citizens to link their Aadhaar card with Bank accounts, Driving license, etc. Currently, Indian Government has introduced a new tax known as Goods and Service Tax (GST), which has replaced all the Indirect taxes in India. The Indian Government has also requested GST applicants to make sure that if their mobile number has been registered with their Aadhaar card to make the GST registration process easier.
In this article, we are going to discuss the procedure for registering your mobile number with your Aadhaar card for GST purpose.
Step by Step Procedure for Registering Mobile Number with Aadhaar Card for GST:
- GST applicant will have to visit the nearest Aadhaar enrolment center and update their mobile number by filling out and submitting the Aadhaar update form, with the necessary information.
- Your mobile number will be updated within 2 weeks from the request date.
- Once your mobile number has been registered with the Aadhaar number, your GST system portal will send you a One Time Password (OTP), on your registered mobile number.
- Using this number, GST applicants can register with their GST portal.
- Including GST applicants, Taxpayers can also register on the portal.
Remember that for linking your mobile number with the Aadhaar card, you have to visit the Aadhaar enrolment center, in person. Online services for doing the same has not been implemented yet.