Aadhaar Card is one of the most important and a must have Government identification proof, issued by the Indian Government to its citizens. This 12-digit Unique identification number is embedded with our biometric information like fingerprint scan and IRIS scans, as well. However, if you have lost your Aadhaar card, you need not worry about the process of re-application. Even if you re-apply for the issuance of your Aadhaar card, your application will get rejected, since your details will be present in the Aadhaar database. You have to understand that, once you apply and get your Aadhaar number, this number remains the same throughout your life.
In order to recover your lost Aadhaar card, you need your Aadhaar number or Aadhaar enrolment number. Even though, if you do not have your Aadhaar number and Aadhaar enrolment number, you can still download your Aadhaar number by using the below procedure.
Step by Step Procedure for Getting your Lost Aadhaar Card Number or Aadhaar Enrolment Number:
In order to retrieve the same, you should keep in mind that your mobile number and your e-mail ID should be registered during your Aadhaar registration. In case, if you do not have your Aadhaar number or Aadhaar enrolment number, follow the below steps:
- In order to recover your lost Aadhaar number or Aadhaar Enrolment number, you have to visit the official portal for retrieving your EID or UID, by clicking the below link:https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
- In the left side of the menu, select the Aadhaar number (UID) or Aadhaar Enrolment ID (EID), which you would like to find.
- Once you select the option, your personal information like Name, Email ID, Mobile number.
- Fill in all the mandatory information and enter the security code in the space provided and click on ‘Send OTP’
- You will receive an OTP in your registered mobile number and Email ID.
- Enter the OTP in the space provided and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Instantly you will receive your Aadhaar number or Aadhaar Enrolment ID, in your registered mobile number, depending upon your selection (UID or EID)
You have the EID or UID number, by following the above steps. Now we can see the procedure for retrieving your Aadhaar card, with the help of the received Aadhaar ID or Enrolment ID.
- In order to download the Aadhaar card, you have to visit the official UIDAI web page, by clicking the below link:https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/#/
- There will be two options, click on either Aadhaar number or Aadhaar Enrolment ID.
- You will be prompted to enter your personal information like Name, Pin code, Mobile number, here as well.
- Enter the captcha in the space provided and click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Once you receive the OTP in your registered mobile number, enter the same.
- Click on ‘Download Aadhaar’ option.
- Your Aadhaar card will be downloaded in the PDF format and the file will be password protected.
- You have to enter the First four letters of your Name as per your Aadhaar card and enter your birth year as the next four digits, in order to open the file.
- You can print the PDF file and this can be considered as a valid identification proof and a duplicate Aadhaar copy if lost.
So, if you lose your Aadhaar card or Aadhaar ID or Enrolment ID, you need not panic, since your information is entered in the Aadhaar database and can be retrieved, whenever you want. Make sure you are having the registered mobile number and E-mail ID, in order to do so.