PAN Card is a government identification proof that is used by an individual to make their tax payments. It has a unique 10-digit alphanumeric number for easy identification. With the help of this PAN card, government can keep track of the individual’s financial records online. This card can be applied from two service providers namely NSDL and UTI. While applying for the PAN card, individual have to provide document as proofs like Birth certificate, Ration card, etc. Even though we provide proper documents while applying for PAN card, there are chances that some of those details are published incorrectly in the PAN card. Under those circumstances, we can request for change in those details, through online.
In this article, we are going to discuss about the procedure for making changes in the PAN card details. This is a simple procedure and modification and reissue, can be done easily from the comfort of our home.
Step by Step Procedure for Making Changes in PAN Card:
- Logon to the modification website, by clicking the link provided below.
- On the page, you will find a tab with the above option ‘Apply for change to PAN card’. Click on that link.
- You will be redirected to another page with the following details, that needs to be filled.
- PAN card Information
- PAN Number
- Items needs to be corrected
- Aadhaar Number
- Personal Information
- Date of Birth
- Name on PAN card
- Father’s Name
- Contact Details
- Email ID
- Land Line
- Document Proof
- Address Information
- PAN card Information
- Once you fill all the mandatory details, click on the ‘Submit’ button found in the bottom of the page.
- When you submit the form, you will be navigated to the payment page
- Depending on the location the payment charges are applicable. If the applicant’s location is within India then you have to pay INR 110, however, if the location is outside India then you will be charged with INR 1020.
- The documents required for any modification that needs to be done in PAN card are as follows
- Aadhaar, Driving License, Passport, etc.
- Name change certificate signed by gazetted officer
- Birth Certificate or ID proof with Correct Date of birth
- For name change in female after marriage, marriage certificate should be attached
- Change in company name should be accompanied with certificate of registrar of companies.
- Once you submit the documents required and make payment, then you will be provided with an acknowledgement number.
- You will receive the PAN card within 15 days from the date of application of change.
Government has made it simple for Indian citizens and NRIs, to change the details in the PAN card. The modification process can be done with a few clicks, in the comfort of your home.