Every individual in India knows that Indian Government has made it mandatory for its citizens to link their Aadhaar card with all the important identification proofs, bank accounts, and Insurance policies. They have also announced that the last day for completing this transaction of attaching Aadhaar card with all the proofs including insurance policies is December 31, 2017. Including linking Insurance policies to Aadhaar card, it has also made it mandatory for linking the insurance policies with PAN card. By doing so, can create a lot of logistical changes and avoid any misuse of individual’s information in the future.
Each and every policy owned by an Individual should be linked with their particular Aadhaar card and PAN card. Even though the last date has been declared by the Government, the Supreme court has requested the banks to stop messaging people by notifying the deadline, since this creates a panic among common people. The announcement for linking Aadhaar card and PAN card has been made by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), on June 1, 2017.
Already the insurance claims have been put on hold, for enabling the Aadhaar card linking quickly. Including Aadhaar card details, insurers have also started collecting information about the PAN card of the individuals, who hold a premium for an amount more than INR Fifty Thousand (Rs 50,000).
Procedure for Linking Aadhaar card with Insurance Policies:
There are two modes for linking Aadhaar card with Insurance policies. This linking can be made through Online mode or Offline mode.
- Make sure you have the copies of Aadhaar card, PAN card, and Insurance Policy Numbers.
- Visit the home page of LIC website by clicking the link below: https://www.licindia.in/
- In this page, you will find an option ‘Link Aadhaar and PAN to Policy’. Click that and you will be redirected to another page.
- Click on ‘Proceed’, after reading the instructions.
- The above page will be displayed and enter the details like Name, DOB, Aadhaar number, PAN number, E-mail ID, Mobile Number and Insurance Policy Number, etc. and sign the declaration.
- Enter the captcha and click on ‘Get OTP’. You will receive an OTP number in your registered mobile number.
- Once you provide the OTP, you request for linking Aadhaar Number and PAN Number to your Policies, will be accepted and the request will be processed.
- Make sure you have a self-attested copy of Aadhaar card, PAN card, and Policy Numbers.
- Download the form for linking ‘Aadhaar card and PAN card’ from the official website or by clicking the link.
- Mention the policy numbers and attach the attested copies of PAN card and Aadhaar card, along with the form.
- Submit the form to the desired office or to an insurance agent.