Indian Government has requested its citizens to register for their Aadhaar card, as soon as possible, since it is emerging as one of the most important document. Including this, Government has also requested Indian citizens to link their Aadhaar card with other important identification documents like Driving License, Ration Card, Bank Account, Insurance policies and Mutual Funds. This procedure of linking Aadhaar card, with all other important proofs, have been mandated by the Ministry of Finance, according to the act of ‘Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA)’, in order to avoid illegal money laundering. However, the linking procedure differs with each and every proof.
In this article, we are going to discuss the procedure for linking Aadhaar card with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance policy.
Step by Step Procedure for linking Aadhaar card with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance:
As per the Indian Government and IRDAI, the submission of Aadhaar card and PAN card is made mandatory. There are two ways of completing this procedure.
They are as Follows:
- Through Online mode – By visiting their official page
- Through Offline mode – By visiting their centres
- Through mobile – By calling the Customer care number
- Log in to the official page of the ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, by clicking on the below link:https://www.iciciprulife.com/services/update-your-aadhaar.html
- In this page, enter the Policy Number and Date of Birth, as requested. After entering the details click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- You will be receiving a confirmation code in your registered mobile number. Please make sure that the mobile number is linked to your policy number.
- In the next page, you have to enter your PAN card number and upload a scanned copy of the PAN card.
- If you do not hold a PAN card, then you have to upload Form 60.
- Once you finish this, click on ‘Save’ button and click on the Aadhaar card tab
- Click on ‘Edit’ button and enter your Aadhaar Number and click on ‘Verify’ button.
- You will be receiving an OTP in your mobile number. Please make sure that your mobile number is registered with Aadhaar card, as well.
- Enter the OTP and click on ‘Save’ button
- In case, if you do not receive OTP number in your mobile number, you will be allowed to ‘Skip’ this step and Save the details.
- Your request will be accepted and your details will be updated with the policy number.
- You have to carry a copy of your Aadhaar card and PAN card, to your nearest ICICI branch.
- In case of absence of PAN card, you can submit the ‘Form 60’.
- Contact the personnel for Aadhaar linking form and fill in the details and attach the copy of the Aadhaar card along with the form and Submit it to the personnel.
- After verification, your details will be updated in your Insurance policy.
- You can call the below number for updating your aadhaar number, in your policy number: 1860 266 7766
Hope this information is useful for completing your linking procedure