Aadhaar Card is one of the most important documents which is gaining importance, in recent days. This 12-digit unique identification number, Aadhaar, should be linked with all the other identification proofs, bank accounts, mutual funds, insurance policies, etc. Indian Government has requested all its citizens to link their Aadhaar card with their life insurance policies. This step is taken with reference to the act called as ‘Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA)’. There are many Insurance companies and each and every company has a different procedure for linking this Aadhaar card with their policies.
In this article, we are going to discuss the procedure to be followed for linking Aadhaar card with their insurance policies, if they are holding policies with Aviva Life Insurance.
Step by Step Procedure for linking Aadhaar Card with Aviva Life Insurance:
The Aadhaar number and PAN number can be linked with the insurance policy in two modes. Through Online and Offline mode.
- Step 1: Individual has to click on the below link for navigating to the official webpage of Aviva Life Insurance.
- Step 2: In this page, you will find an option ‘Update your Aadhaar and PAN’ on the top left side of the page.
- Step 3: Below this, you will find a space to enter the policy number, which you are holding in Aviva.
- Step 4: You have to enter the policy number and click on the ‘Submit’ button provided.
- Step 5: Following this, you will receive an OTP in the mobile number, registered with the policy number.
- Step 6: Enter the OTP in the space provided and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Step 7: You will be redirected to another page, where you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar card number and PAN number.
- Step 8: Enter the details and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Step 9: Again you will receive an OTP in the mobile number registered with Aadhaar Card.
- Step 10: Once you enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’ button, your request for linking will be accepted.
- Step 11: Your request will be processed within few working days.
- Step 1: You can also link Aadhaar number and PAN number with the insurance policies offline, by paying a visit to the nearest branch office.
- Step 2: Before paying a visit, make sure you have the self-attested copies of Aadhaar card and PAN card, along with the policy details.
- Step 3: Once you visit the branch, meet the personnel taking care of the linking section and ask for the Aadhaar linking form.
- Step 4: Fill in the details in the forms like Policy numbers, Aadhaar number, PAN Number and attach the copies of the Aadhaar card and PAN card, along with the form.
- Step 5: Submit the form to the concerned personnel and your details will be updated soon after verification.