Aadhaar Card is the strongest identification proof in India, issued to the Indian citizens, by the Indian Government. All the Indian citizens are requested to register for their Aadhaar number, as soon as possible. Including this, Aadhaar number should be linked to all the other important documents, Bank account, etc. in order to avail the Aadhaar online services. In addition to the Hard copy and soft copy of this 12-digit Unique identification card, we can also keep a copy of our Aadhaar details, in our mobile with a help of an app known as ‘mAadhaar’. This is the digital format of your Aadhaar card and you can carry around in your pocket, with ease.
When you link your Aadhaar number to the mobile app, it becomes easy for you to use the mAadhaar app by creating your profile. In this article, we are going to discuss the procedure for linking your mobile number with your Aadhaar number, to use the mAadhaar app.
Step by Step Procedure for Linking Mobile Number with Aadhaar Card:
- You have to visit the nearest enrolment center for registering your mobile number with Aadhaar card.
- Once you visit the center, you can ask the personnel for Aadhaar Update or Correction form. You can also download the form online using the below link:https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV2.pdf
- Fill in the details asked in the form and provide your mobile number, as well. Please note that this is a mandatory field.
- Once you fill in all the necessary information, you have to submit the form to the concerned personnel.
- Please note that if you are providing any information different from the previously provided information, you have to provide the supporting documents for the same.
- Once submitted, you will be asked to provide your biometric information like fingerprint scan and IRIS scans.
- After this, you will be provided with an acknowledgment form and your details will be updated within 5 working days.
Step by Step procedure for Creating a Profile with mAadhaar App:
- You have to download the ‘mAadhaar’ app in the smartphone, that holds your registered mobile number.
- Once you have downloaded the app, you have to open the app and set a password
- Enter the 12-digit Unique Identification number or scan your Aadhaar card through the app.
- After providing all the important and mandatory information, you have to click on the ‘Verify’ button.
- While verifying the information do not navigate to another page on your mobile.
- If the details entered matches the details on your Aadhaar card, then you will receive an OTP in your registered mobile number.
- The OTP will be automatically read in the app, you need not enter the OTP separately.
- Once the verification is successful, your information will appear on your mobile app and this serves as a digital Aadhaar card.
Hope this Information is useful.