According to the circular released by the IRDAI of Indian Government, individuals must link their Aadhaar number with their life insurance policy Nowadays, Aadhar is considered to be one of the most important documents by the Indian Government, since this card is linked with the biometric information of an individual like Fingerprint Scan and Iris Scan. Indian Government has also requested all its citizens to register for their Aadhaar number, a 12-digit Unique Identification Number, as soon as possible. In addition to this, they have also made it mandatory for linking this aadhaar number with all their important documents, so that all the important details regarding an individual, will be displayed in a single click, in the future.
In this article, we are going to discuss the procedure for linking your aadhaar number with SBI Life Insurance policy number.
Procedure for Linking Aadhaar Number with SBI Life Insurance Policies:
There are two modes for linking your Aadhaar number with SBI Life Insurance Policy. They are as follows:
- By visiting the Official Web-Page – Online mode
- By visiting the Nearest Branch – Offline mode
- Visit the official page of the SBI Life Insurance, by clicking the below link: https://www.sbilife.co.in/en/aadhar-updation-form
- Once you click on the above link, you will be redirected to the Aadhaar Update form available online.
- In this page, you will be asked to enter your Policy number and Date of Birth. Once you enter the details, click on ‘Submit’ button.
- On the next page, there will be Proposal details like Policy Number, Client ID, Policy Status will be displayed.
- Below this information, you will find space for entering your Name, Date of Birth, Aadhaar card number and PAN card number.
- Enter the same in the space provided and enter the verification code as well.
- Select the checkbox provided near the declaration and also enter your name in the declaration. Submit the form after entering the information.
- Once you Submit the form, a message will be displayed. ‘Your request for updating Aadhaar number has been received. The same will be updated shortly’, will be displayed.
- After verification, your Aadhaar and PAN details will be updated with your Policy number.
- You have to visit the nearest branch for linking your Aadhaar card with your Policy number.
- Once you reach the SBI bank, you have to receive the Aadhaar Update form from the branch.
- Fill in the required details in the form and attach the self-attested copies of PAN card and Aadhaar card along with the form.
- Submit the form to the staff and after verification, your PAN card and Aadhaar card details will be updated along with your policy number.
Hope this information are useful for completing your linking procedure.