Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, is a Bank account introduced as the Prime Minister’s People Money Savings scheme. Like all the other bank account, with the help of this account, all the Banking services like Debit, Credit, Insurance, etc. can be availed. This scheme is run by Ministry of Finance and was launched on August 15th, 2014. Now Aadhaar card, is considered to be one of the most important identification proof in India. Including this, Indian Government has requested its citizens to link their Aadhaar card with all their important proofs including Bank account, Insurance policies, etc.
Individuals who are holding the Pradhan Mantri Jandhan Yojana Bank account also should link their account with their Aadhaar number. Those who fail to do so, will not be able to operate the bank account after December 31, 2017. In order to avoid this from happening, individuals has to follow the below procedure and link their Aadhaar number with the PMJDY account, as soon as possible.
Step by Step Procedure for Linking Aadhaar number with their PMJDY Account:
There are four ways to link the Bank account with their Bank account.
They are as Follows:
- Through Bank Branch
- Through ATM
- Through Online Banking
- Through SMS
Through Bank Branch:
- You have to visit the nearest branch with the required documents like Aadhaar card and Bank Passbook.
- Make sure you have self-attested the copy of the Aadhaar card.
- Once you visit the bank, request for the Aadhaar linking form from the staff in the enquiry counter.4
- When you receive your form, fill in all the required information in the form including Aadhaar number, Name, Address, Bank account number, etc.
- After filling the necessary information, attach the self-attested copies of Bank Passbook and Aadhaar card, along with the form.
- Once you submit the form, your Aadhaar card will be linked to your PMJDY account, within 2 to 3 working days.
- Visit the nearest ATM with your Aadhaar number and the ATM card.
- Insert the card and you will be asked for your ATM PIN
- Once you enter the PIN, you have to select ‘Services’ from the option displayed in the machine.
- In that, select ‘Link Aadhaar’ option and you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar number.
- Enter the 12-digit aadhaar number and re-enter the same.
- After this, click on the ‘Submit’ button and your Aadhaar number will be successfully linked with your PMJDY account.
Through Online Banking:
- Visit the official website of your PMJDY bank account and login to your page by entering your User ID and Password.
- You can view your home page and in your home page, you will find an option for Linking Aadhaar with Bank account.
- Select the option and you will be redirected to the page where you will be asked to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Once you enter and click on ‘Submit’ button, you will be asked to select the bank account number with which you wish to link your aadhaar, in case of linked account.
- Select the bank account and click ‘Submit’. You will be receiving an OTP in the registered mobile number. Please note that the mobile number should be registered with Aadhaar number.
- Once you enter the OTP and submit, your request for linking Aadhaar number with your PMJDY bank account will be accepted and processed in few days.
- You can send SMS to the specific number in a pre-defined format. This format and number varies with each and every bank.
- Please note that the request should be made from the registered mobile number.
- Once you send the SMS, your request will be processed and the Aadhaar number will be linked successfully.
Hope you find this information for Seeding Aadhaar number with your PMJDY Account useful.