Aadhaar card is one of the most important Government Identification proofs, issued to the Indian citizens. This card is embedded with the individual’s biometric information and the Government has requested everyone to link this Aadhaar card with all their other important documents like Bank Account, Ration card, etc. If an individual links this Aadhaar card number with their Bank account, they will be allowed to avail the Government related benefits provided.
It is mandatory to link the Aadhaar card with Bank account, if not done, the account will be deactivated, until you link your Aadhaar number with your Bank Account. All the banks are requesting their existing customers to link their Aadhaar card to their Bank account, as a part of the KYC process. In this article, we are going to discuss about the steps involved in linking the Aadhaar card to your Standard Chartered Bank Account.
Step by Step Procedure for Linking Aadhaar card with the Standard Chartered Bank Account:
You can link your Aadhaar card with the Standard Chartered bank account using the following modes. They are as follows:
- By visiting the branch
- Through online
- Through SMS
- Through E-Mail
- Through App
By Visiting the Branch:
• In order to link your Aadhaar card to your Standard Chartered account, you have to find the nearest branch.
• You have to visit the branch with the self-attested copies of Aadhaar card and Bank passbook.
• After visiting the center, you have asked for the Aadhaar linking form from the personnel.
• Fill in all your information and attach the supporting documents like Aadhaar card copy and Bank passbook copy, along with your Linking form
• Submit the form to the personnel and your request will be accepted upon verification of your documents.
• Your request will be processed within 48 hours and you will receive a confirmation message in your registered mobile number in your Standard Chartered account.
• In addition to offline method, you can also link your Aadhaar card to your Standard Chartered account, through Online mode.
• With the help of the Internet Banking you can link your Aadhaar card with ease.
• You can login to your Net Banking with your Login ID and password.
• After entering into your homepage, you have to click on the option of ‘Link Your Bank Account to Aadhaar’.
• Enter your Aadhaar card number in the space provided and click on the Submit button.
• Once your request has been accepted, your Aadhaar number will be linked to your Standard Chartered account within 48 hours.
• You will also receive a confirmation message in your Standard Chartered account registered mobile number.
• In order to link your Aadhaar number with Bank account, through SMS, you can send an SMS from your registered mobile number in the below format.
AN <space> <AADHAAR NUMBER> <space> <LAST 5 DIGITS OF BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER OR CARD NUMBER> to 9223008844
• Your SMS will be charged as per the service provider and your request will be processed within 48 hours. You will receive a confirmation message regarding the same.
• You can also link your Aadhaar number with your Bank account, by sending an e-mail with your Account number or Card number and your Aadhaar number to the email ID ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
Through Mobile App:
• In addition to this, you can also link your Aadhaar card number with Bank account with the help of a Mobile App.
• For this, you have to install a mobile app in your smartphone, in which you are having the mobile number which is registered with the Standard Chartered account.
• Create Login credentials and login with your ID and password.
OIn the home screen, you will find an option of ‘Link Your Aadhaar’, in the profile option.
• Click on that and you will be prompted to enter your 12-digit Unique Identification number.
• After entering the same, click on ‘Submit’ button and you will receive an OTP in your registered mobile number.
• Enter the OTP in the space provided and after submitting the same, your request will be accepted and the same will be processed within 48 hours.
• Your Aadhaar will be linked successfully and you will also receive a confirmation message in your mobile number.
There are various ways to link your Aadhaar card to your Standard Chartered account. You can follow any one of these and link your Aadhaar card, as soon as possible.