Aadhaar card is a Unique 12-digit identification number, that is issued by the Indian Government to the Indian citizens. They have also embedded the biometric information with this card like fingerprint scan and IRIS scans. Including this, the Indian government has also requested its citizens, to link their other important identification documents like Bank account, Ration card, etc. with their Aadhaar card. This procedure should be completed within March 31, 2018. In this article, we are going to see the procedure for linking the Aadhaar card with our Ration card.
Ration Card is an official document, issued under the name of the head of the family. With the help of this Aadhaar card, the citizens can avail the goods like food, fuel and other stuff, that is issued by the Government of India, in the fair shops. This is also considered to be one of the most important identification proof, for proving our identity as an Indian citizen. However, there are many incidents that has proved that this Ration card is being misused by the individuals who are not eligible and depriving the facility of deserving people.
In order to avoid such circumstances, Indian Government has asked the citizens to link their Ration card to their Aadhaar card. We are going to discuss the procedure to do so.
Step by Step Procedure for Linking the Aadhaar card with Ration Card:
There are two methods for linking Aadhaar card with Ration card. They are as follows:
- Online Mode
- Offline Mode
- Click on the below link for navigating into the official Aadhaar Linking website:https://uidai.gov.in/
- On this page, click on the ‘Start now’ option.
- You will have to enter your address, including district and state.
- From the options available, select the benefit type and Scheme name as ‘Ration card’.
- Enter your Ration card number, Aadhaar number, Email address and mobile number
- You will receive an OTP in your Aadhaar registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the space provided and click on the submit button.
- You will receive a notification stating that your application process has been successful.
- Your application will be processed and after successful verification of information, you will be notified that the linking has been successful and you will receive a message in your mobile, as well.
- You have to find the nearest ration office.
- While visiting the ration office, you have to carry the photocopies of your Aadhaar card and your family members Aadhaar cards, as well.
- If you have not linked your Aadhaar card to your Bank Account, you have to carry a photocopy of your Bank Passbook as well.
- Including this, passport size photo of the head of the family is required.
- You have to submit all these copies, to the officer in the nearby ration office
- Once submitted, your request will be processed shortly and you will receive notification regarding the same.
Hope this information is useful, to link your Aadhaar card with your ration card.