In recent days, Aadhaar card is gaining limelight, as Indian Government has made it a must hold document for all its citizens. Once they have registered for their Aadhaar card and received their Aadhaar number, they have to link this Aadhaar number with other government documents, Bank account, insurance policies, Mutual Funds, etc. This is in accordance with the ‘Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA)’, by the Ministry of Finance. When individuals who are having a Mutual fund, link their folio number with their Aadhaar card, many illegal activities like money laundering can be avoided.
In this article, we are going to discuss about the procedure for linking Aadhaar card with your Mutual fund.
Step by Step Procedure for Linking Aadhaar card with Mutual Fund:
You can link the Aadhaar Card with Mutual Fund by various methods.
They are as Follows:
- Through CAMS Portal
- Through Karvy Portal
- Franklin Templeton Portal
- By visiting the Mutual Fund house – Offline mode
Through CAMS Portal:
Since there are many Mutual Fund house available and as of now, some of the well reputed mutual funds allow their customer to link their Aadhaar card with Mutual Fund, through online. Some of the Mutual Fund Houses that are enlisted in the CAMS are as follows:
The Steps Involved are as Follows:
- You can visit the official page of CAMS by clicking the below link:https://adl.camsonline.com/InvestorServices/COL_Aadhar.aspx
- Below this page, you will find the procedure for linking Aadhaar card with Mutual Fund through online mode.
- Enter your details like PAN, Aadhaar number, Name (Should match the Name in Folio), DOB and Mobile number. Please note that the mobile number should be the one registered with the Mutual Fund.
- After entering the details, click on ‘Generate OTP’ option. You will receive a OTP in your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’ button. After this CAMS will verify the details provided with the official UIDAI website.
- Once the verification has been done, your Aadhaar number and PAN card will be linked with your mutual fund.
Through Karvy Portal:
The Mutual funds that are serviced by Karvy portal are as follows:
|AXIS||BARODA PIONEER||BOI AXA||CANARA||DHFL|
|IDBI||INVESCO||JM FINANCE||LIC||MIRAE ASSET|
The Steps to be Followed are as Follows:
- Click on the below link to visit the official page of Karvy Portal:https://www.karvymfs.com/karvy/Aadhaarlinking_individual.aspx
- In this page, enter your PAN card number in the space provided and click on ‘Generate OTP’ button.
- You will receive a OTP in your registered mobile number and E-mail ID.
- Enter the OTP in the provided space and click on Submit button
- In the next page, there will be a list of Karvy supported mutual fund schemes. Select the scheme you have invested in and provide the folio number and your aadhaar number in the space provided.
- Once you submit, the information will be verified and the same will be updated in the Mutual fund.
Including online mode, you can also link your aadhaar number with mutual fund, through SMS. Type the SMS in the below pattern and send it to 9212993399
‘ADRLINK SPACE <PAN> SPACE <AADHAAR> SPACE <Y>’ where ‘Y’ stands for your consent.
Through Franklin Templeton:
- Click on the below link to visit the official page for linking Aadhaar card with Franklin Templeton funds:https://accounts.franklintempletonindia.com/guest/#/customerservices/updateaadhaar/accountdetails
- Enter the PAN card information and select DOB or Pincode or Last Transaction amount from the drop down and enter that information, as well.
- Click on ‘Next’ button and in the next page, provide the bank account details linked to your funds.
- In the next page, you will find space for entering your Aadhaar number. Provide the information and click on ‘Submit’.
- Your request will be accepted and after verification, the details will be updated with your investments.
- You can visit the nearest CAMS centre or AMC branch to link the Aadhaar card with the Mutual fund.
- Download the Aadhaar Link Form through online or you can get the form in the branch, as well.
- In order to download from online, click on the below link:https://adl.camsonline.com/pdfdocuments/Aadhaar%20Update%20Request%20Form_CAMSV1.2.pdf
- Fill the details in the form and attach a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card and submit it to the personnel in the centre.
- Once verification has been done, your Aadhaar card will be linked to your Mutual Fund.
Hope these informations are sufficient for making the linking procedure, a bit easier.