Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is providing various schemes like Provident Fund (PF) Scheme, Pension scheme and Insurance scheme in order to benefit the working population of our country. This organisation has also made it mandatory for individuals to link their Aadhaar Card with their EPF. Doing so, can simplify the process of EPF like filling out forms, taking signatures and submission, which will no longer be required. With the help of linking, we can reduce the need for documentation and multiple UAN’s (Universal Account Number) will be merged into single UAN.
In this article, we are going to discuss about the procedure for linking Aadhaar card with Employee Provident Fund (EPF).
Step by Step Procedure for linking Aadhaar card with EPF:
There are two ways to link your Aadhaar card with EPF. They are as follows:
- Online Method
- Offline Method
- In order to link Aadhaar card with EPF through online mode, you have to click on the below link:https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- You have to login to your account with your UAN, Password and Captcha.
- In your home screen, you will find an option ‘Manage’ in the tabs available. When you click on that a drop down will be displayed and you will find an option KYC.
- Click on the KYC and you will be redirected to another page, where you will be asked to fill in your personal details like Bank account, PAN, Aadhaar, Passport, Driving license, Election card, etc.
- Select the check box depending on which personal information you will be providing now.
- Select Aadhaar checkbox and enter your Aadhaar number in the space provided.
- Once you provide the details, click on the ‘SAVE’ button.
- If your details match between EPF and Aadhaar, your request will be accepted and processed immediately.
- The approval of your Aadhaar number will take over 10 – 15 days and the state can be checked by logging in and selecting the KYC option.
- In order to link the Aadhaar card through offline mode, you have to visit the nearest service centre or an EPFO office, along with your Aadhaar card.
- When you visit the centre, you have to ask for an Aadhaar linking form to the concerned personnel
- Fill in all the details including Aadhaar number and attach the self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card.
- Submit the form to the concerned personnel.
- If the details provided by you matches with Aadhaar and UAN number, your information will be updated within 10 – 15 days, from the date of submission.
We hope this article has provided the necessary information for linking your Aadhaar card with your EPF.