Indian Government has made it compulsory for its citizen to link their Aadhaar Card with all the important identification documents, Bank accounts and LIC policies. From next year, this Aadhaar card is a must have identification card for all its Indian citizens. However, there are several people who are facing issues with application procedure and linking or updating procedures like updating Aadhaar number in Driving license, Ration card, Insurance Policies, Bank accounts, etc. Here are providing a clear picture on the steps involved in linking the Bank account with the Aadhaar Number.
Individuals must understand that if they possess multiple accounts in various banks, all the accounts should be linked with Aadhaar Number. There are several ways to Link the Aadhaar Number With the Bank Accounts. They are as follows:
- Online Mode – Linking Aadhaar number with Bank account in the comfort of your home
- Offline Mode – Linking Aadhaar number with Bank account by paying a visit to the bank
- SMS mode – Linking Aadhaar number with bank account through SMS from the registered mobile number
- IVRS – Linking Aadhaar number with Bank account through Interactive voice Response
An Individual can follow any of these four method in order to link their aadhaar card number with their bank accounts. For online mode, individual has to make sure that if their bank is providing that facility to its customers. In this article, we are mentioning the steps involved in the linking procedure.
Linking Aadhaar Number with Bank Account – Online Mode:
In Online mode, customers can use the laptop or smart phones, with Internet connection for completing the linking procedure. Nowadays, people are finding it easy for doing stuff through online process and trying to avoid paper works. For linking Aadhaar number with Bank account, customer has to possess Internet banking ID and password for his accounts.
- Visit the official webpage of the bank in which you are holding the account
- Login with your credentials
- After logging in, you will find an option like ‘Update Aadhaar card Details or Link your Aadhaar Number’.
- Click on the link and provide the Aadhaar number and submit the request.
- Your Aadhaar card details will be saved in the Bank database. You should repeat the process for all the bank accounts that you hold.
Linking Aadhaar Number with Bank account – Offline Mode:
Even though, technology has grown many people from previous generations find it difficult to do these process through online. They are still finding it more comfortable to visit the bank and get the help of the bank staff to do these procedures.
- Download the form for linking Aadhaar number with Bank account from online or you can also get the form in the bank
- Fill in all the details as requested in the form
- Provide the Aadhaar number and provide a self-attested copy of the Aadhaar card along with the form, to the bank staff
- After verification, you informations will be updated in the provided bank account.
Linking Aadhaar Number with Bank account – SMS Mode:
If the customers mobile number is registered with the bank account, he or she can send an SMS to a number with their account number and Aadhaar number, so that the Aadhaar number can be seeded with the bank account.
- Make sure your mobile number is registered with the bank
- Send SMS in the format as mentioned below
- UID <SPACE>Aadhaar number<SPACE>Account Number to 567676 (If you hold a SBI account)
- Please make sure the format and the number differs for each and every bank
- Once this request is submitted, the Aadhaar number will be linked to bank account within 5 working days
Linking Aadhaar Number with Bank Account – IVRS mode:
- Dial up the Customer care number of the bank and follow the instructions like selecting language, providing account number, providing aadhaar number, etc.
- Once the informations have been collected the request will be processed and the Aadhaar number will be linked to your bank account
In addition to this, many banks are also providing the facility of updating Aadhaar number with the bank account, through the ATM machine. Once you swipe the card and provide the password, you can select on ‘Aadhaar Update’ option and provide your Aadhaar number. Once you submit, the request will be accepted and Aadhaar number will be linked to your bank account.