The Indian Government has requested all its Indian citizens to enrol and get their Aadhaar card, as soon as possible. After receiving the Aadhaar card, they are also requested to link their Aadhaar Number with their other important proofs like Driver’s License, Ration card, etc. However, Indian citizens who are currently working in other countries say USA, Europe or UAE, are also requested to register for their Aadhaar card, as soon as possible. However, an Indian citizen who holds the NRI or OCI card, are not eligible for registering for the Aadhaar card. Many persons are living abroad on business purpose, have to visit India to register for their Aadhaar card, in person. This is because they receive the Individual’s biometric information, as well.
In this article, we are going to discuss in detail about the steps involved in registering for a Aadhaar card, if you are currently working in USA or any other foreign Nations.
Step by Step Procedure for Getting Aadhaar card, if you are from the USA:
- Find the closest Aadhaar enrolment center
- Download the Aadhaar enrolment form from online and fill in all the required information beforehand. Or else, you can also get the form from the Aadhaar enrolment center and can fill the details, on the spot.
- Carry the important list of supporting documents for getting the Aadhaar card and also carry a self-attested copy of these documents.
- Visit the enrolment center, with the Application form and supporting documents and their photocopies.
- Submit the form along with the documents to the authority in the Aadhaar enrolment center.
- The authority personnel will ask for your originals and they will check for the authenticity of the documents provided.
- After the verification, they will fill in your details in the system using the Aadhaar software. You have to cross verify the information entered.
- Your picture will be taken on the spot and your biometric information like fingerprint scan and IRIS scan will be recorded.
- With this, the enrolment procedure comes to an end and you will be provided with an Enrolment receipt.
- Your aadhaar card will be delivered to the postal address mentioned by you, within 2 to 3 months, from the date of registrations.
- Until then, you can use the Acknowledgement slip as a valid identification proof.
Please note that this procedure is not for NRI or OCI card holder and this has to be followed by the individual’s who are currently working in foreign nations and not a card holder over there. And also keep in mind that your physical presence for registering for the Aadhaar card is essential.