In recent days, the Indian Government has requested its citizens to register for their Aadhaar Card and get the card, as soon as possible. Including this, they have also requested us to link our 12-digit Unique Identification Number, Aadhaar Card, with other important documents like Government Identification cards, Bank account, Insurance policies, Mutual Funds, etc. After Indian Government has made this announcement, the Department of Telecommunications(DoT), has also made it mandatory for the existing mobile subscribers to link their Aadhaar card with their mobile number. In addition to this, they have made it mandatory for its new customers to provide their Aadhaar Card, in order to get a new mobile connection.
Including the new and existing customers, they have also requested the customers who are shifting from postpaid to prepaid connections and vice versa, to link their Aadhaar card with their mobile numbers. Once the Aadhaar Number has been provided to the person in the retail store, when getting a new SIM card, the connection will be activated much faster. Even though in some retail shops they are providing the new SIM card, without Aadhaar card, they are requesting you to link it with Aadhaar, after activating the SIM card. If any SIM card, has not been linked to the Aadhaar Card, then the SIM card will be deactivated soon.
In this article, we are discussing the procedure for linking Aadhaar card with your new SIM Card.
Step by Step Procedure for linking Aadhaar card with New SIM Card:
- In order to link the Aadhaar number with the new mobile number, you have to decide on the connection you require.
- Find the nearest retail shop where you can get a new SIM card.
- Before getting the SIM card, the person in the store will ask for your identification proofs like Driving license, PAN card, etc.
- In addition to this, as a part of the eKYC procedure, he will also request you to Submit your Aadhaar card.
- Once you provide the necessary documents, the same will be checked for authenticity.
- The store will receive a PDF copy of an eCAF (Customer Application form), as an acknowledgment from the official website of UIDAI.
- You have to check the information in the form and authenticate them by providing your fingerprint, which you provided at the time of registration of Aadhaar card.
- As soon as, you provide the information, the activation request of the SIM card will be sent to the service provider.
This procedure for linking Aadhaar with New SIM card is mandatory across all service providers and there is not a single chance to bypass this step. In case of existing users, you can visit the nearest store of your service provider and request for linking Aadhaar information with SIM card.