An Aadhaar Card is a 12-digit Unique Identification number which is issued by the Indian Government to all its citizens, regardless of the age group. This card can be used as an address proof or an identification proof, while opening a Bank account or booking tickets, etc. In addition to this, they have also requested to link their Aadhaar number with Bank account, Driving license, etc. Since this card is issued regardless of the age group, parent’s can apply for an Aadhaar card for their Newborn child, as well. Even though the biometric information is not embedded with their Aadhaar card, they can still have an Aadhaar number as an identification.
In this article, we are going to discuss the procedure involved in downloading an Aadhaar card of a Newborn Baby.
Step by Step Procedure for Downloading the Aadhaar Card of a Newborn Baby:
- In order to download the Aadhaar card of a Newborn baby, you have to visit the official webpage by clicking the link below: https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/#/
- On this page, you have to provide the enrolment number or the Aadhaar number of your child.
- Including this, enter the other mandatory information like Name, Pin code and Verification code mentioned on the page.
- After entering the required information, you have to click on ‘Get One Time Password’.
- You will receive an OTP in your registered mobile number. Enter the same and click on ‘Validate and Download’ option.
- Once the correct OTP has been entered, you can download your child’s Aadhaar card in PDF format.
- When you provide the password (First four letters of the Name mentioned in Aadhaar card and Year of Birth) you can view the Aadhaar card and also you can take a print out of the same.
The process of downloading the Aadhaar card remains same for all age groups. You can follow the similar procedure for downloading your Aadhaar card, as well.