Aadhaar Card is the most important identification card, issued by the Indian Government, to its citizens. It has become the mandatory document for all the Indian citizens. Many people are facing difficulties in checking the validity of this Aadhaar card. For solving this issue, the official webpage ‘UIDAI Portal’, is providing a facility for checking whether an Aadhaar card of an Individual has been activated or not. Using this facility, individuals can check the validity of their own aadhaar card and the aadhaar card of their relatives. In order to check the validity of the Aadhaar card, only the Aadhaar number is required.
In this article, we are providing a precise explanation of the steps involved in checking the validity of the Aadhaar card.
Step by Step Procedure for Checking the Validity of the Aadhaar Card:
- In order to check for the validity of the Aadhaar card, an individual has to login to the official webpage. They can navigate to the page by clicking the link below:
- In this page, you can enter the Aadhaar Number of the individual for whom you are willing to check the validity. It can be self or relatives.
- After entering the Aadhaar card number, you have to enter the security code displayed on the screen.
- If you are finding difficulty in reading the verification code, you can click on ‘Try Another’ option.
- Once you enter the verification code, click on the verify button.
- If the Aadhaar number is active, then a green color tick will be displayed on the page and along with this, details like Age band, Gender, State and Mobile number ( Format: XXXXXXX111) will be displayed.
- On the other hand, if the Aadhaar card is in deactivate status, then the message ‘Aadhaar Number XXXXXXXXXXXX doesn’t exist!’ will be displayed.
By this facility, you can check the Status of the Aadhaar card. When it is in the deactivated status, you can follow the below steps in order to activate your card.
Steps to be Followed to Activate the Aadhaar Card:
- You have to visit the Aadhaar center, near your home along with your Aadhaar card and its supporting documents
- From there, you have to get the Aadhaar Update or Correction form and fill in the required details and attach the required supporting documents with the form.
- Submit the form to the personnel in the Aadhaar Kendra center.
- After submission, you will have to submit the biometric information to the personnel
- Later, you will be provided with an acknowledgment slip.
- Usually, the activation process takes place in 2 to 3 weeks time.
We hope you are clear about the procedure for checking the validity of your aadhaar card, with the help of this article. Please Stay tuned for more information.