An Aadhaar Card is a 12-digit Unique Identification Number, which is embedded with our biometric information. This card is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India and they have also requested the Indian citizens to link their Aadhaar card with their other identification proofs like Driving license, PAN card, bank account, etc. Recently, UIDAI has deactivated many Aadhaar cards, according to the Aadhaar Life Cycle Management. Over 81 lakhs of Aadhaar card has been deactivated within a short span of time. Many people are facing doubts about their Aadhaar card validity.
In this article, we are going to discuss the procedure for finding if your Aadhaar card, has been deactivated or not.
Step by Step Procedure for Checking if Aadhaar card has been Deactivated:
- In order to check if your Aadhaar card is valid or not, you have to log in to the official website of the UIDAI by clicking the below link:https://uidai.gov.in/
- Under the Aadhaar Services, you will find an option ‘Verify Aadhaar Number’. Click on the link and you will be redirected to another page.
- On this page, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and the Security code displayed on the page.
- After entering the details, click on the Verify button.
- If the number is valid, then your number will be displayed along with the confirmation of the status of the Aadhaar card.
- However, if the Aadhaar card has been deactivated, then you will receive a message, ‘The Number does not exist’.
Steps to be Taken if an Individual’s Card is Invalid or in the Deactivated State:
- If a person finds out that his Aadhaar number has been deactivated, then he can visit his nearest Aadhaar enrolment center.
- While visiting, he has to carry all the supporting documents to prove his identity and address.
- You have to ask for the Aadhaar update form in the center and enter the necessary information.
- Attach the self-attested copy of the document along with the form and submit the same to the operator, in the enrolment center.
- He will ask you to provide your biometric information and if your details are successfully re-verified, including your biometric information.
- If your biometric information matches, your Aadhaar card will be activated after the payment of INR 25.
We request all the individuals to check for the validity of their Aadhaar card and activate the same if your card has been deactivated.