Aadhar card is a very important document to show your Indian citizenship. Aadhar card is a universally accepted identity of every Indian citizen. You can make use of it everywhere. It is only to ensure your identity is true and real. The enrollment steps are very easy and convenient. You can go visit any enrollment center around you.
Once you have your Aadhaar card ready, you are registered in the database of central government. It works like the ration cards in earlier days. From opening bank accounts, to getting admissions in college, Aadhar card in important.
So, if you don’t have an Aadhaar card, get your as soon as possible. But house moving is a very common thing across India. Citizens here are always on move, in city and out. To get the address updated, people usually need a government ID and it can be difficult to get the address updated on the government IDs.
In the case of Aadhaar, updating the address is not at all difficult. You can do everything online and upload the documents. In such a scenario, the address on Aadhaar card will be updated and you will receive your Aadhaar card at your home without having to visit any government office. For this, you should make sure that you have registered your mobile phone.
Follow the Following Steps to Change the Address on Your Aadhar Card:
- Open the UIDAI website (uidai.gov.in)
- Click the Aadhar online services on the website
- Click on update Aadhaar details
- A page will be redirected itself
- Scroll down, and click the button displayed
- Enter your Aadhaar number and the security captcha
- An OTP will be send to your registered mobile, fill it and click enter
- This will redirect you to update portal
- Choose address update on the screen
- Enter the new address, and enter.
- Next you will be directed to upload documents
- Upload the address proof here, which is the rent agreement and click submit
- Now a request number is generated, note is somewhere safe.
- Last Step:
It usually takes 7-10 business days. A maximum of two weeks for the update to get process. This procedure can also be repeated if your address is printed wrong. Sometimes due to typing errors, the address can get printed wrong.
- In case Mobile if Unregistered
In case you have not registered your phone number, then visit your nearby enrollment center. Update your mobile number, and the address. Once you are done with this process, your new Aadhar card will be delivered to your new address. For any query you can contact on their customer care number and tell your reference number during delays.