Aadhaar Number is a 12-digit Unique Identification Number, which is emerging to be one of the most important identification card, in India. This card is issued by the Indian Government, with the details provided by an individual and also getting their biometric information, at the time of registration. Including this, Indian Government has requested its citizens to link their Aadhaar card, with identification proofs, Bank accounts, Mutual Funds and Insurance policies, etc. In addition to this, IRCTC which is the e-ticketing portal of Indian Railways has also come up with a change. When a user is willing to book more than 6 tickets in a month, he or she has to link their Aadhaar with their portal.
When the Aadhaar number of an individual is verified, then the website allows the user to book up to 12 tickets in a month. However, if a person books 6 tickets or below, he can continue without providing Aadhaar details. In this article, we are going to discuss about the procedure for linking Aadhaar card with the online Indian rail ticket portal.
Step by Step Procedure for linking Aadhaar card with IRCTC:
- Click on the below link for logging into the Online Railway ticketing portal: https://www.irctc.co.in/eticketing/loginHome.jsf
- Enter the User ID, Password and Captcha and click on ‘Login’, to enter into your portal.
- In this page, you will find ‘My Profile’ option. If you select, a drop down list will be displayed and in this drop down, you will find an option, ‘Aadhaar KYC’.
- When you click on this option, you will redirected to another page. In this page, you have to enter your Aadhaar number and click on ‘Send OTP’ option.
- Once you receive the OTP in the registered mobile number, enter the same in the space provided and click on ‘Verify’ button.
- Once your Aadhaar details have been verified, you can visit the ‘My profile’ and select the ‘Master List’ from the drop down list.
- You will be redirected to another page, where you will be allowed to enter a passenger detail, along with their Aadhaar number.
- The status will be in ‘PENDING’ and click on the ‘Click here to Check Pending Aadhaar Verification Status’ option, after providing the necessary details.
- If the details have been verified successfully, then it will be in ‘Verified’ status. If not, the status will be displayed as ‘Not Verified’.
- In order to book more than 6 tickets, you can make the selection from the passenger names displayed from the master list, in the booking page.
- If there are no passenger names in the Master list, that are Aadhaar verified, then you will not be allowed to booked more than 6 tickets for your journey.
In order to avail the concessions from the Indian Railways online portal, you are requested to link your Aadhaar Details with the IRCTC portal.