A Visa is a permit or a document given to an individual by a country, so that the individual can enter the country, without any restrictions. This Visa is stamped on a person’s passport, during immigration process, when you enter a country. In some countries, individuals has to take an interview, in order to get a Visa, for a specific time period. In many countries, visa is required before entering the country, however, in some other countries, they will issue the visa upon the individual’s arrival.
There are Many Types of Visa. They are as Follows:
- Transit Visa
- Business Visa
- Tourist Visa
- On-arrival visa
- Temporary Work Visa
- Spouse Visa
- Student Visa
- Work Visa
- Diplomatic Visa
- Journalist Visa
- Fiancee Visa
- Immigrant Visa
Including the above types there are also Single-entry Visa, Double entry visa and Multiple entry Visa. If any individual is staying in the country after the specified time period in a Visa, then that particular person may be fined, prosecuted, deported or blacklisted as well and they will not be allowed to enter the country again. This is also the result for entering the country, without a valid visa. The visa can also be extended depending on the necessity and it is up to the immigration office, for approving our extension.
These Visa procedures and extension procedures may vary from country to country. In this article, we are mentioning the step by step procedure for getting a Visa, in order to visit a particular country.
Step by Step Procedure for Getting a VISA:
- Step 1: Clearly analyse the rules in the specific country you wish you visit. Some countries may not need a Visa if you are an Indian Citizen, while some countries provide Visa on-arrival and some countries will need you to have a pre-approved Visa. In order to avoid any last minute delay, clearly study the rule in the each and every country.
- Step 2: Since there are various kinds of Visa as mentioned above, make a decision on the type of visa you require. This decision had to be made, if you do not qualify for a free Visa upon arrival.
- Step 3: Fill in the Visa application and Submit the necessary document for getting a Visa. You have to Submit the application form in the Embassy of the particular country, that are available in our country.
- Step 4: Once you have submitted the documents, you will be called back for review from the Embassy. During this time, a personnel in the Embassy interviews you, asking for the address you are going to stay, purpose of visit, duration of stay, etc.
- Step 5: Some countries may also require medical certificate of the particular individual, before entering their country.
- Step 6: Once your documents has been verified, you will be provided with Visa, for a specific duration, depending on the countries policy. If you wish to extend your visa, you have to go through a similar procedure.
These are the step by step procedure for applying for a Visa. However, there may be slight changes in procedure when you are trying to apply for a diplomat Visa or Student Visa or Work Visa. And also there may be options for getting multi-entry Visa, if you are willing to visit a country multiple times, in the specified time period. If you are getting a Single Entry Visa, then the Visa expires once you exit the country. Before you apply for a Visa you have analyse the following and get a clear picture on the kind of Visa you require, which will make the process easy.