Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is a scheme introduced by the Indian Government, which aims at providing 5 crores free LPG connections to all families, who fall below the poverty line. With this scheme, the Indian Government offers subsidy which will be credited to the account of the family women. There is also an option for discontinuing this subsidy so that the subsidy can help other women who fall below the poverty line. Nowadays, LPG is considered to be one of the basic requirements in an Indian household. After the LPG came into existence, Indian women’s health has improved drastically, since they have escaped from firewood smoke, which has created an unhealthy environment for women to cook. In turn, LPG has reduced the pollution level, while cooking.
In this article, we are going to discuss the steps involved in applying for the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, with the help of Aadhaar card.
Step by Step Procedure for Applying for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana:
- In order to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, you will have to apply for free LPG connection under this scheme.
- For this, you will have to fill out a Ujjwala Application form from any of your nearest LPG distributors. Please note that this form is available free of cost. Or else, you can download this form through online mode as well.
- Click on the below link for downloading the form from online, in a language you are comfortable with. This form is available in English and Hindi.
- Provide all the information in the Ujjwala Application form and Ujjwala KYC form, including Name, Address, Aadhaar number, etc.
- After filling the information, you have to attach the supporting documents for proving your identity and address.
- The list of documents that can be provided are as follows:
- Driving License
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card
- Electricity Bill
- Rental Agreement
- Self-declaration attested by Gazetted officer
- House Registration Documents
- Insurance policy number
- Bank statement etc.
- After filling out the information and attaching the supporting documents, paste a recent photograph of the applicant on the KYC form.
- Submit the form to the nearest LPG outlet and wait for your connection.
- Your eligibility criteria will be checked by the Oil Marketing Companies (OMC) and they will provide the connection if you fall under the eligibility criteria.
- Including this, the customer can also opt for an EMI option, where the subsidy amount will be taken into account and the balance that has to be paid will be displayed.
Following are the eligibility criteria for a woman to apply for LPG connection under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme. They are as follows:
- The age limit should be above 18 years of age.
- Household income should be within the limit, mentioned by the Indian Government for availing the subsidy
- The applicant should hold BPL (Below Poverty Line) Ration card
- The applicant name should be listed under the SECC data
- The applicant should not hold an existing LPG connection.
Indian women who satisfy the below eligibility criteria can apply for their own LPG connection under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Scheme.