Passport is considered to be one of the most important travel document, which is issued by the country’s government. Passport can be used, when an individual is willing to travel abroad. A passport consist of information like Name, Father’s name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Signature, Address, Photo, etc. Currently, they are working on embedding a microchip inside the passport, with our bio-metric information. So that the chance of misuse or mishandling the passport, will decrease in count.
The holder of a country’s passport, is allowed in the country. However, this will not be considered as a citizenship of the country. They can visit the country and stay here for a while, without visa. When we possess passport, we can visit all the countries outside our own territory. During this time, in some countries it is not necessary, to possess a valid visa and we can apply for visa once we reach the country. However, in some countries it is mandatory to have a valid visa, during arrival.
In addition to being a travel document, passport can also be used as an identification proof, when applying for bank account, etc. In this article, we are going to discuss with you the step by step procedure for applying for a passport.
Step by Step Procedure for Applying a Passport:
- Step 1: Initially you have to register for passport, through the Passport Seva Online Portal. Click on the below link for registration.
- Step 2: In this page, you have to select the Passport office, which is near your locations and provide the details like Name, Surname, Date of Birth and Email ID.
- Step 3: Including the above details, you will be asked for registration of your login details like Login ID, Password, Confirmation of Password, Hint Question and Answer.
- Step 4: Once you provide the details, there will be a verification code in the same page. You have to enter the code in the provided box and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Step 5: Once you finish this process, your Email ID will be registered and you can login with the registered mail ID and password.
- Step 6: In this page, click on the link ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport’.
- Step 7: You can provide the details like personal information, Educational qualification, Permanent address, Document that needs to be submitted, etc in this page.
- Step 8: Once you provide the details, you have to click on ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’. Before confirming that option, you can view your saved and submitted application form.
- Step 9: Once you reviewed, you have to make the payment. Payment can be done through Credit Card, Internet Banking or through SBI Challan.
- Step 10: When you have made the payment, you can print the application receipt with the unique ARN number. You can take print out this receipt. The appointment date and time will be mentioned in the Application receipt.
- Step 11: You have to visit your nearest center on the specified date and time, with the mentioned documents, along with the originals.