Permanent Account Number (PAN), is a Unique 10-digit alphanumeric number, with the help of which an individual can keep track of his or her financial records. This is issued to the individuals with earning by the Income Tax Department of India. In order to apply for the PAN card, an individual has to produce his address and identification proof to the concerned personnel. However, if an individual does not possess any identification proof, he or she can still use their Aadhaar Card for getting the same. In case, if the individual has to apply for their Aadhaar card and want to apply for PAN in urgent basis, he can follow the below procedure.
In this article, we are going to discuss the procedure for applying for PAN card without any additional documents.
Step by Step Procedure for Applying for PAN Card without Additional Documents:
We can get a PAN card without submitting any supporting documents, with the help of getting a signature from a gazetted officer. The procedure is as follows:
Getting a certificate from Gazetted Officer:
Currently, the Indian Government has requested all its citizens to apply for Aadhaar card and receive the same, as soon as possible. However, if an individual has to apply due to some valid reasons and yet he has to apply for PAN card, then he can follow this procedure.
- In order to apply for PAN card without any supporting documents, he has to get a certificate from a gazetted officer or MP or MLA of your area in a specific format, given by the Income-tax department.
- Once the certificate is received from the concerned person, you also have to get an identification proof copy, of the person who has provided the certificate.
- You can attach the certificate, a copy of the identification proof, along with your PAN card application form and submit the same to the center.
Verification Certificate Format:
I hereby certify that I know Sh/Smt/Kum………………… Son/Daughter of ……………………… and whose
personal particulars, as given below are correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I recommend issue of PAN card by the Income Tax Department to him or her
Date of Birth:
Details of Issuer Certificate:
Office Address with Location:
Identity Card No:
Even though individuals can get this certificate from the gazetted officer or MP or MLA for getting a PAN card, the Indian Government has requested that all the individual’s who are holding a PAN card should link the same with their Aadhaar number.
Getting a PAN card with the help of the Aadhaar Card:
If you are already holding an Aadhaar card and yet to take the PAN card, you can still use the Aadhaar card as an identification proof and address proof, while applying for the PAN card online. The procedure is as follows:
- You have to visit the online portal when you decide to apply for PAN card through online. Click on the below link to visit the online portal.
- Fill in all the necessary information like Name, Date of Birth, E-mail ID, the Mobile Number in the space provided.
- After entering the captcha, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- When you click on the Submit button, you will be prompted to the next page and in this page, you will find a ‘Continue’ button.
- Click on that and on the next page you will be asked to submit the e-KYC and e-Sign form. Submit the scanned copies of the same.
- Please note that, in order to submit the scanned copies of e-KYC and e-Sign, Aadhaar card is mandatory and the details provided should match the details in Aadhaar card.
- After the information has been authenticated, you will receive an OTP in your registered mobile number. With the help of this OTP, you can generate the Aadhaar based e-sign.
- No other supporting documents are required since your information will be gathered from the Aadhaar card. The photo in Aadhaar card will be printed on PAN card, as well.
- After providing all the other necessary information like Address and Pin code, you can accept the declaration and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will be prompted to make the payment through online mode. Make the payment and authenticate with the help of your Aadhaar number after accepting the ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- You can complete the authentication procedure, by entering the OTP which you receive on your mobile.
- Once this is done, you will receive your PAN card to the mentioned address within 15 – 20 days.
While applying for an Aadhaar card through offline mode, you can carry the Aadhaar card as the proof of identification and Address, to the nearest NSDL or UTIITSL center. However, you have to carry your passport size photo, while applying through offline mode.