Electricity bill is the bill provided by the government based on the usage of the electricity by an individual. Electricity bill payment can be done by various methods like going in person for paying the bill, through online banking, mobile banking, etc. The amount is decided upon the number of units used by the consumer. The rate per unit varies for each and every state. This electricity bill can also be used as an address proof, when opening an account or while applying for a loan.
In this article, we are discussing about the steps to be followed for retrieving the electricity bill, in case if you have lost them. There are many ways to retrieve the electricity bill, a consumer can follow the below methods:
- By visiting the Electricity bill payment centre
- Through Online
- By mailing the Electricity board of you state.
Step by Step Procedure for applying for a Duplicate Electricity Bill:
- Step 1: Initially, you have to login to the government’s official website. Remember for each and every state the official website address varies.
- Step 2: You will be directed to the website and you will find an option ‘Electricity Department’, in this page.
- Step 3: Once you select this option, you will be redirected to another page and in that page, you have to select the option ‘Check Your Bill’.
- Step 4: Select the consumer category from the below options:
- Domestic Supply or Commercial Supply
- Agriculture Supply or Bulk Supply
- Step 5: Once you select the option, you will be asked for your Account Number and Meter Number.
- Step 6: After providing the details, you have to click on ‘View Bill’ option and your latest bill will be displayed
- Step 7: You can also take a print out of your bill.