Driving license is one of the official document that is provided by the government to its people, who knows how to drive a vehicle. This is a photo identification card, which can also be used for various purposes like bank account opening, SIM card purchase and other official purposes. This document is issued by the Regional Transport Offices (RTO) of the state. Individual has to hold this identification card, if he or she is willing to drive a vehicle inside the city or in the highway. Individuals can apply for their driver’s license, when they turn 16. The teenagers will be allowed to drive the moped and other gear less vehicles, till they turn 18.
In this article, we are going to discuss about the step by step procedure for applying for a driver’s license.
Step by Step Procedure for Applying for a Driver’s License:
- Step 1: The individual who is willing to obtain the driving license, has to download the application form from the official state transport website. Form 4 can be downloaded in this website. Individuals can also collect this application form from their nearest RTO office.
- Step 2: Individuals has to fill in their details correctly and attach the correct document for proving your identity and address.
- Step 3: When you submit the form, first you will be provided with a LLR after conducting a small examination.
- Step 4: Once they have provided you with an LLR, you can start practising driving in a proper driving school or on your own.
- Step 5: When you think you are ready, you can appear on the test centre, on the date and time mentioned by the authorities.
- Step 6: If you have applied for 2-wheeler license, then you will have to make an ‘8’ in the provided space. If you have also applied for four wheeler license, then you have to drive along with an examiner in your side seat.
- Step 7: When you have cleared the practical test, driving license will be provided to you on the spot. Else, it will also be sent to your house address or the Driving school through which you have attended the test.
- Step 1: Click on the below link and you will be redirected to the official website of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- Step 2: In this link, you will find an option ‘Apply Online’. When you click on that a drop down will appear. In this drop down list, you will find options for both New Learner’s License and New Driving license.
- Step 3: Choose what kind of license you want. If you want to apply for learner’s license, then click on the ‘New Learners license’ tab.
- Step 4: You will be redirected to another page and the steps involved will be mentioned. Click on ‘Continue’ tab to proceed to further pages
- Step 5: In the following pages, you have to fill in your detail, that they have mentioned as mandatory. You have to upload the documents, your photo and signature, as well.
- Step 6: After uploading the documents, you have to book a slot for the test and when you proceed to the next step, you will be redirected to the payment procedure.
- Step 7: Appear on the day of the test, in the nearest RTO centre. Once you clear the examination, you will be provided with the learner’s license.
- Step 8: If you want to book for New Driver’s License, click on that tab and fill in the forms, as you did for obtaining an LLR.
- Step 9: You have to take a practical test, before you receive a Driver’s license. Only after examiner seeing your driving skills, you will be qualified to hold a Driver’s license.
These are the following documents required for getting a driver’s license. They are
Proof of Age:
- Birth Certificate
- PAN card
- 10th certificate
- Transfer certificate
Proof of Address:
- Aadhaar Card
- Electricity Bill
- Voter ID card
- Ration Card
You have to keep in mind that the online facility of booking slots and appearing for examination on the test centres, applies for only selected states.