Aadhaar Card is one of the most important government identification proof, issued to an Indian citizen by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Recently, they have introduced a new card type known as ‘Baal Aadhaar card or Blue Aadhaar card’, which is being issued by UIDAI to Indian children below 5 years of age. For children below 5 years, who are registering for their Aadhaar card, need not provide their biometric information like fingerprint scan and IRIS scan. However, when they are crossing their age limit, they have to provide the biometric information in the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre.
In this article, we are going to discuss about the step by step procedure for getting the ‘Blue Aadhaar Card’, for the children below 5 years of age.
Step by Step Procedure for Applying for ‘Blue Aadhaar Card’:
- Step 1: Visit the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre and fill out the Aadhaar enrolment form, providing all the necessary information of the children
- Step 2: You have to provide the children’s birth certificate and along with that, they also have to provide his or her parent’s Aadhaar card copy. (Aadhaar copy of one parent is sufficient)
- Step 3: Provide the correct mobile number, that is being used by the parent’s for getting instant update regarding your child’s Aadhaar card.
- Step 4: When the child is below 5 years, he or she need not provide their biometric information. Only photograph taken at the enrolment centre will be sufficient.
- Step 5: The child’s Aadhaar card number will be linked with his or her parent’s Aadhaar card number.
- Step 6: After the Aadhaar card is registered, you will be provided with an acknowledgement slip and you will receive a message on your mobile on successful registration.
- Step 7: You will receive your child’s Aadhaar card, in the address provided during the registration of the Aadhaar card.
These are the step by step procedure for getting the Blue Aadhaar card or Baal Aadhaar, for kids below 5 years of age.