Aadhaar card is one of the most important and a mandatory identification proof, that has been issued by the Government of India, to its citizens. This 12-digit Unique Identification number is also embedded with your biometric information like fingerprint scan and IRIS scans. In addition to registering for this card, individuals should also link their Aadhaar number with all their other important identification proofs like Bank Account, Driving License, Insurance Policies, etc. This procedure has to be completed by March 31, 2018. Or else, an individual may face many issues, including account deactivation, freezing of policies, etc.
In order to avoid such circumstances, an individual should apply for his or her Aadhaar Card, as soon as possible. In this article, we are going to discuss the procedure for applying for Aadhaar card, in the year 2019.
Step by Step Procedure for Applying for Aadhaar Card in the year 2019:
In order to apply for the Aadhaar card, you need to make sure that you have the copies of the following documents:
Proof of Identity:
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Bank Passbook
- Marriage Certificate
- Photo Credit Card
- Pensioner Photo ID card
Proof of Date of Birth:
- Birth Certificate
- SSLC certificate
Proof of Address:
- Ration card
- Bank Statement
- Tax receipt
- Landline bill
- Electricity bill
- Rental agreement
Procedure for Applying Aadhaar Card:
- In order to apply for Aadhaar card, you have to find the nearest mee seva center.
- While visiting the center, you have to carry the self-attested photocopies of the documents mentioned above, in order to prove your identity and address.
- You can get the Aadhaar enrolment form in the center or you can download the same online.
- Once you get the Aadhaar enrolment form, you have to fill in all the mandatory information in the form and attach the self-attested copies of the supporting documents, with the form.
- You have to submit the form along with the supporting documents to the operator in the Aadhaar seva kendra.
- After verifying your information, your details will be uploaded into the Aadhaar software. You have to check the information entered.
- Once the details have been entered, the operator will take your photo and will ask to provide your biometric information.
- You will have to provide your fingerprint and IRIS scan.
- Your Aadhaar registration process has been completed successfully and you will be issued an Aadhaar enrolment form with an Enrolment ID.
- Keep this receipt safe, until you get your Aadhaar card, in the address mentioned by you.
This is the procedure for applying for an Aadhaar card in the year 2018. We request all the citizens to apply for their card following the above steps, as soon as possible.