Aadhaar Card is an important government identification proof, issued by the Indian Government to its citizens. They have also requested their citizens to get their Aadhaar card, as soon as possible and link this Aadhaar number with other identification proofs like Driving license, Bank account, etc. This has to be done within December 31, 2018. However, there is a myth that individuals suffering from eye-related ailments like Cataract, blindness, etc. cannot register for their Aadhaar card. All the citizens irrespective of their eyesight problem can register for their Aadhaar card.
In this article, we are going to discuss the registration process for individuals suffering from eye-related problems.
Step by Step Procedure for Aadhaar registration for Individuals suffering from Eye-related Ailments:
- Individuals can download the Aadhaar enrolment form from online or can get the same from your nearest Aadhaar enrolment center.
- Once the get the enrolment form, they have to enter the necessary and mandatory information in the form. Including this, they have to attach the self-attested copies of their supporting documents for proving their identity and address, should be attached.
- When you visit the center, you can submit the form to the operator. He will check for the authenticity of the documents.
- The operator will enter your information into the Aadhaar software on his system. This should be re-verified by you or the person who is accompanying you, in case of your eyesight damage.
- After this, he will take your facial photograph and your fingerprint scan will also be taken.
- If you are suffering from cataract or eyesight loss, then an exception will be marked in your database. If you are partially blind, then your proper working eye will be scanned and updated along with your details.
- Once the operator submits your information, this will be stored in the database and he will provide the Aadhaar enrolment slip, as an acknowledgment.
- You will receive your Aadhaar card delivered to the address mentioned by you in the enrolment form, within 3 months of registration.
Eye-related problem and Aadhaar card registration are not connected and individuals with impaired eyesight can also register for Aadhaar card. Please follow the above steps to register for the same, as soon as possible.