We all know that Aadhaar card is one of the important Government identification proofs, that has gained importance in the recent days. This 12-digit unique identification number is also linked with our biometric information like fingerprint and IRIS scans. Including this, the Indian Government has requested all its citizens, to link their Aadhaar number with all the other proofs like Driving license, Ration card, etc. This Aadhaar card is issued to all the Indian citizens, irrespective of their age.
If you are a resident of Assam and wondering the procedure for registering for an Aadhaar card, then you have entered the correct web page. In this article, we are going to discuss about the step by step procedure for registering for your Aadhaar card, if you are from Assam.
Step by Step Procedure for Applying for Aadhaar Card in Assam:
First of all, you have to find the nearest Aadhaar enrolment center in Assam. For finding the same, please follow the below procedure.
- In order to locate the nearest Aadhaar enrolment center, please click the below link: https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/
- On this page, select ‘Assam’ in state and fill in all the other details like District, Sub-district, VTC, according to your location.
- After selecting all the options, you have to enter the verification code in the space provided and click on ‘Search’ button.
- A list of the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centers will be displayed in this page and choose your nearest Aadhaar seva kendra and walk-in
- After finding the nearest Aadhaar enrolment center, you have to visit the center and get the Aadhaar enrolment form, which will be available free of cost.
- Or else, you can also Get the same through online by clicking the below link: https://uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf
- Enter all the information in the form and make sure the information provided are correct.
- Attach the supporting documents like Proof of identification and proof of Address and make sure you self-attest the same.
- You have to submit the form, along with your supporting documents to the operator in the enrolment center.
- He or she will verify the information and enter the same in the Aadhaar database. You have to verify the information and spellings once again.
- After entering the details, the operator will take your photo. Following this, he will ask you to provide your biometric information like fingerprint scan and IRIS scans.
- Once you have provided the information, you will be provided with an Aadhaar enrolment receipt which has your Enrolment ID and Date and time of registration.
- You can check the status of your Aadhaar card, through online using your Enrolment ID.
- You will receive your Aadhaar card at the address specified by you, within 3 months from the date of registration.
This is the procedure for applying for an Aadhaar card in Assam.