Aadhaar card is a government identification proof, that is provided to all the Indian citizens, belonging to all age groups. Including this, they have also requested its citizens to link their Aadhar number with other important documents like PAN card, Driving license, bank account, etc. The Aadhaar Number is a unique 12-digit number, which is provided after an individual registers his or her details along with their biometric information like IRIS scan and fingerprint scan. Even though, the chance of theft of this Aadhaar Card is minimal, there are chances that the individuals can lose this card.
During such situations, one need not panic, since government has ensured that one individual can retrieve this card online, using the enrolment ID or Aadhaar number. Below are the step by step procedure for doing so.
Procedure for Getting a Duplicate copy of Aadhaar Card:
- You have to visit the official page for retrieving the duplicate Aadhaar card online. Click on the below link. https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- In this page, if you know your Aadhaar number, you can enter that, else you can enter to Enrolment ID. You also have to provide other mandatory details like Name, Pin code
- After entering the details, you have to enter the text in the provided box. This is the verification code.
- Once you enter the text correctly, click on ‘Get One Time Password’. Once you click on that you will be receiving the OTP pin in your registered mobile number and e-mail ID.
- Enter the OTP in the provided box and click on ‘Validate and Download’ option.
- If you have entered the OTP correctly, your Aadhaar card will be generated online, in the PDF format.
- This PDF file will be password protected. The password of the file is the first four letters of your name, as in Aadhaar card, which is followed by the year of birth in YYYY format, as mentioned in Aadhar Card.
- Once you open the document, you can copy or print the duplicate Aadhaar card and this can be provided as a valid identification proof, for official purposes.